5 Principles of Financial Wisdom:
- God owns it all. Psalm 24:1
- Set Long Term Goals. Proverbs 16:9
- Spend less than you earn. Proverbs 13:11
- Avoid the use of debt. Proverbs 22:7
- Avoid a consumptive lifestyle. Ecclesiastes 5:10
Hey, you….yes you. Are you lying? Lying to your family, friends, co-workers…lying to God? Well, if you want to stop lying then stop lying to yourself about yourself. There are a TON of verses about not lying in the bible and here are just a few:
Leviticus 19:11: Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.
Proverbs 19:1: Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speak and is a fool.
Proverbs 11:3: The integrity of the upright guides them, but the crookedness of the treacherous destroys them.
I used to be darn near 300 lbs. I lied to myself..”Hey, you are not that big?” “It’s no big deal.” Then reality struck with sleep apnea and metabolic syndrome. So, I faced reality and knew I needed to change.
“What is Jason getting at?” you might ask. We must be good stewards of our relationship with ourselves so that we can be AUTHENTICALLY who God made us to be. How can we serve God with the gifts he has given us is we don’t honor them or bury them in lies of self-doubt?
I used to be darn near 300 lbs. I lied to myself..”Hey, you are not that big?” “It’s no big deal.” Then reality struck with sleep apnea and metabolic syndrome.How could I serve God if I was so tired I could not counsel appropriately or listen to my wife or family? So, I faced reality and knew I needed to change. I stopped lying to myself about my weight and health. So, for you my dear reader…
Time to do the lie inventory: Be ready to lie down J
- List out the items that you think you are lying to yourself about.
- Ask others around you what THEY think you lie to yourself about.
- This takes courage, so be ready for hopefully some honesty.
- Ask your co-workers and your spouse and really, really be ready to get conformation about your list or add to it.
- Add Joke about Husbands and Wives here.
- Pray about the conviction to receive conformation about those lies to yourself. Remember, those lies are dimming HIS light inside you because YOU keep hiding from it.
- Have an accountability partner and put a plan of action together that when you feel yourself about to fall, call them and they can walk you through the valley.
Why is this important? Being WHO God made you allows you to be free of worldly judgment. Of course the world will judge but you shall be immune due to you are only concerned about God’s judgment on your life and having an accountability partner helps to keep you on track. Focus on being authentically you and people will see HIS light in you.
Remember, if you don’t lie, you don’t need to have a good memory. JCan someone please bring me pizza? Seriously, I am not lying.. bring me Pizza to my office, so my wife won’t find it. 5770 Gateway Blvd. Suite 104, Mason, Ohio 45040.