March 2017 AWOP Faith, Fun and Finance Blog: Divide and say I’m sorry? We steward not only our money. We steward the relationships God has given us.
5 Principles of Financial Wisdom:
- God owns it all. Psalm 24:1
- Set Long Term Goals. Proverbs 16:9
- Spend less than you earn. Proverbs 13:11
- Avoid the use of debt. Proverbs 22:7
- Avoid a consumptive lifestyle. Ecclesiastes 5:10
1963 the slapstick comedy movie “It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad world.” debuted on the silver screen. Storyline: credits belong to IMBD: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/
After a long prison sentence Smiler Grogan is heading at high speed to a California park where he hid $350,000 from a job 15 years previously. He accidentally careens over a cliff in view of four cars whose occupants go down to help. The dying Grogan gives details of where the money is buried and when the witnesses fail to agree on sharing the cash, a crazy chase develops across the state. Written by Col Needham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2017 it sure is a mad, mad, mad, mad world and frankly, it’s not a laughing matter no matter how many times you make fun of Alfred E. Neuman. Let’s start a list of what can make you mad.
- Bad Service at a restaurant.
- Road Rage (Oh how I have an issue with this).
- Your pugs doing the “butt scoot boogie,” in circles on the freshly cleaned carpet.
- Family (No one can love like family and no one can wound like family.) This is the next bit I am writing for comedy…..I don’t think I am going to be invited to Thanksgiving anymore after it goes live.
- Politics (insert your own joke about the political party that tees you off the most). How about a media fast, if you can get away from all that negativity. I know it helps.
- Okay, so this is MY list J So make your own
Well, Jason we get it. There is much in the world to be mad at. So what? What if YOU are the offending person? What if you knowingly or even unknowingly hurt someone? What do you do? How do you even apologize? Below is an easy, 6 step process to apologize.
State the Offense, Say you were wrong, Say you are Sorry, Ask for forgiveness, Ask for accountability, Ask if there is anything else.
- State the Offense: “Sorry officer for how I waved at you with only 1 finger. The Vette pedal has a mind of its own. I think Stephen King owned this car”
- Say, “I was wrong.” “Officer, I was wrong. How many donuts can I get you?”
- Say you are sorry. “I am sorry I got you the wrong crème center treat” So no ticket today right? L
- Will you forgive me or when can you forgive me? “Officer, will you forgive me before the court date?”
- Ask for Accountability: “Yes officer you can put that speed tracker on my car. Flow from Progressive dropped me.”
- Is there anything else I have done? “Officer, are there any other traffic violations you can see today?”
On a serious note: There is so much division in our world today, even within the church. How can we show the LIGHT of Christ if we are divided among ourselves. I am putting out two challenges today to those who call themselves Christians.
Challenge 1: Please see if you can put scripture to the six steps. There are many so when you do, just post them to the AWOP Facebook page.
Challenge 2: If you think you have offended someone, “6 Step them,” and only do it when you are authentic and when you are done…get belly to belly. (That’s a hug and now we know why the T-Rex was so mad..short arms and can’t hug)