5 Principles of Financial Wisdom:
- God owns it all. Psalm 24:1
- Set Long Term Goals. Proverbs 16:9
- Spend less than you earn. Proverbs 13:11
- Avoid the use of debt. Proverbs 22:7
- Avoid a consumptive lifestyle. Ecclesiastes 5:10
Spring is here and summer’s just around the corner. Kids are all excited for the summer fun time off from school. Parents are thinking…what are we going to do with these kids for three months? Man, it seems everything costs money. Well, I surveyed some local parents to give us all some ideas that are inexpensive and fun. Some of these are local to the Greater Cincinnati area and I am sure wherever you are living there is something like these:
- National Park or Local park: Have kids take their phone and make a family picture book.
- Woodland Mound Waterpark.
- Cincinnati Nature Center
- Loveland Bike Trail: bring those bandages and wear those helmets
- Parky’s Farm in Winton Woods
- Sharon woods has a splash pad.
- Washington Park has arts activities every week.
- Frisbee Golf at Winton Woods
I know that is sure a bunch of stuff. Make sure you put together a budget with your kids and help them plan what they want to do. This is a great exercise to teach them about budgeting as well as planning AND the Time and Treasure will create memories that will LAST!!!
Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which]satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye [that which is] good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. KJV or
Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare. NIV
Enjoy the summer SONshine, In His Light