5 Principles of Financial Wisdom:
- God Owns it All: Psalm 24:1 “The earth and everything on it belong to the Lord. The world and its people belong to him.:
- Set Long Term Written Financial Goals: Proverbs 19:9 “We make our own plans but the Lord decides where we will go.”
- Spend Less than you earn: Proverbs 13:11 “Money wrongly gotten will disappear bit by bit. Money earned little by little with grow and grow.”
- Avoid the use of debt: Proverbs 22:7 “The poor are ruled by the rich, and those that borrow.”
- Avoid a consumptive lifestyle: Ecclesiastes 5:10 “If you love money and wealth, you will never be satisfied with what you have. This doesn’t make sense either.
What can a comic book character teach us at all about our faith? Well, maybe not faith in and of itself, but the practice of that faith is what we can learn. In the move “Black Panther” the main characters live in a city of Wakanda which is the most technology advanced city in the world and no one know about it. The city’s advances have been hidden for centuries for fear of the rest of the world finding out and trying to exploit their society. (Spoilet Alert) At the end of the movie, it’s decided that the Wakandan people will begin sharing their great society and technology with the rest of the world for the world’s benefit.
And so it is with you my brothers and sisters in Christ. Are you sharing your gifts and talents with the world for the worlds benefit? How are you being His Hands and Feet? We are called to be intentional in sharing our faith and one of the best ways to do that is with actions and not words. When was the last time to just took time out to listen to a frustrated co-worker? When we actively listen people understand and feel heard. When was the last time we did something chariable just to do it? Organized activites sure are great, but why not be spontaneous in our acts of service? He has given us these great resources of not just treasure, but time and talent to use for His Kingdom. I would encourage you to try and distill your gifts into a sentence. Something like…” Go and Be ______.” Fill in the blank whatever you feel you have been gifted with. Let’s try that our for a month and see what change agents we can be for Christ.
Matthew 28:16-20: Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Next month we are going to try to spice up the blog page with a video style blog, VLOG I suppose if the term. If you have any idea how to do this, we would love the help. Otherwise…we shall see how it goes due to I am somewhat technically challenged. I can be reached at 513-310-0099 or Teamgoodall@reagan.com